Fredericton, New Brunswick
Permanent Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Forest NB (New Brunswick Forest Products Association) represents the majority of forest product manufacturers in New Brunswick, with the corporate vision to grow a future for our communities through renewable forests. As the organization’s Executive Assistant, you bring the organizational and administrative support necessary to assist the Executive Director in ensuring the organization is managed efficiently.
If you value an employer with a clear mission, work well on a nimble team in a dynamic environment, and have skills and discipline you can bring to our association, we’d love to hear from you.
General administrative support:
- Calendars, contact lists, phone and mail management.
- Membership program management, including processing membership dues.
- Management and maintenance of electronic and paper files.
- Coordination of Board and other meetings and various internal and external committees.
- Ensure the office is well maintained and supplied, organized, and secure.
- Preparation and formatting of correspondence, letters, reports, meeting minutes, agendas.
- Event planning and logistics, including but not limited to, travel arrangements, venue and accommodations booking, catering, registrations management, and other related tasks. Some travel will be necessary, so valid driver’s license is required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Perform general accounts receivable and accounts payable tasks, process expense claims, reconcile accounts, general banking duties, etc.
- Coordination of membership dues and invoicing.
- Collaborates with external organizations and regulatory agencies to facilitate effective planning and implementing of financial functions and ensure monthly financial statements are received in a timely manner.
- Liaises and coordinates the annual audit/review with the external auditors.
The successful candidate should be/have:
- Detail oriented with strong planning & organizational skills and attentiveness to detail, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and client services skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, peers, and industry colleagues/contacts in a team environment.
- Able to think globally and work with various cultures/backgrounds.
- A demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of marketing and planning tools are desirable (Eventbrite, Constant Contact, Word-press, Meltwater media analytics, etc.).
- Bookkeeping experience and familiarity with Intuit Quickbooks is considered a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of forestry or other natural resource sectors and bilingualism are considered strong assets.
Application deadline: January 31, 2022
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
This is an on site/in office position, in a facility with a full COVID-19 operational plan.
Please send your résumé, including a cover letter demonstrating your suitability, to:
or mail to:
1350 Regent Street
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Only candidates considered for interview will be contacted.